1. Due to the direction of blood flow, the blood pressure measured by the left hand and the right hand are usually somewhat different; usually the blood pressure value of the left hand will be slightly higher than that of the right hand, but the difference in the range of 10-20mmHg is normal, but the record should be higher. The measured data shall prevail. If the difference between the hands is more than 40-50mmHg, the blood vessels may be blocked. It is best to consult a doctor to find out the cause.
2. It is not advisable to measure blood pressure only once. You should measure your blood pressure several times a day and record it in order to understand the changes in your blood pressure during the day.
3. Most commercially available sphygmomanometers are electronic, and their measurement results are usually slightly higher than traditional mercury sphygmomanometers. There are two types of electronic sphygmomanometers: wrist type and arm type. Although the wrist type is more convenient to use, the measurement results vary greatly due to the distance from the heart. It is recommended to test on-site at the time of purchase. The results measured by the formula have little difference and can be used; if the difference is large, it is best to choose the arm type.
4. It is best to measure blood pressure in a relaxed mood in your own home, because when some people measure blood pressure in medical institutions, they will feel nervous when facing medical staff in white and their blood pressure will rise. Hypertension", this situation can be overcome by measuring blood pressure at home.
5. The traditional mercury sphygmomanometer will be affected by thermal expansion and contraction, and should be calibrated to zero every six months on average.
If you want to buy a blood pressure measuring instrument, you are welcome to choose PINMED!